“Web Weaving: My Internet Odyssey”
“Internet” a ubiquitous component of our daily lives, has become indispensable in the digital age.It has revolutionized communications, to the extent that it is now our preferred medium of everyday communication. In almost everything we do, we use the Internet. Ordering a pizza, buying a television, sharing a moment with a friend, sending a picture over instant messaging. Before the Internet, if you wanted to keep up with the news, you had to walk down to the newsstand when it opened in the morning and buy a local edition reporting what had happened the previous day. But today a click or two is enough to read your local paper and any news source from anywhere in the world, updated up to the minute.
Origination :
At
first and foremost thing we do when we try to learn about a topic is learn
about it’s history, for the same reason I’m starting of my blog with the brief
history of the internet .To begin with, let’s have a brief look at the inventors
of the internet . Computer scientists Vinton Cerf and Robert Kahn can be found
on every shortlist of people credited as inventors of the internet .The
Internet mostly relies on their TCP/IP protocol. This protocol efficiently
transfers data across interconnected networks, forming the global web we know
today. Other protocols existed before TCP/IP, but Cerf and Kahn’s creation
remains the backbone of our modern “Internet.”
What is internet to me?
When I ask
someone about the word “ Internet” the first and foremost the thing that I get as
answer is a source of data, like a storage house where you can search anything
and get answers to any questions, store anything . Some also think of internet just
as a source of entertainment through social medias , where they are never bored
and can easily spend miraculous amount of free time .And to some, its their
source of income . But to me internet is a source of knowledge and connection .
How easily I can use Google and search any study related or other topics and
get answers so easily .The other thought of mine is how easily I can connect to
the world . Now I’m not talking about just social media connectivity. What I’,
trying to say how easily I can access information about any country and gather
info about it . How easy it has become to read about other people’s culture,
lifestyle and history . studying about other country cultures through internet
gives me the feeling of connectivity with the world .
The Dark Alleys :
Now , let’s come to the topic I’m most concerned about . The harmful effects of internet . As much as I love internet and it’s uses, I also fear it’s various out comes . As I have mentioned before, internet is a great source for connecting the world, this connectivity has also brought it’s downsides with it . People are getting too influenced by other culture that they barely ever appreciate their own culture . Internet has also made people blind , as quite a few times people blindly believe whatever they see on the internet , they barely care about judging it . Many fake news’s wander around the internet to give us misinformation and mislead us . Internet is mostly affecting teenage kids . as the internet has become easily available kids are also able to access it easily, which gets them misled in life and kids tend to get spoiled and ensuring them a dark future .Internet has also been playing a huge role in destroying mental health and peace of mind for vast of us .Many people on social media showcase how amazing their life is, but in reality they are leading a miserable life , pretending and being fake on the internet.
Another subject to not forget to mention about is “Social Media addiction “ . I have quite a few friends of mine who really badly addicted to the social medias and tend to waste their precious time on social media by mindlessly scrolling and not even realizing it , which is leading them to a very dark future .
Now at
the end , I just want to mention that just like anything on this earth , Internet
also has its merits and de-merits .At
the end of the merits and de-merits of the internet completing depends
on a person himself/herself .If a person understands the proper use of internet
and uses it accordingly he or she Is for set to have a bright future. But, if a
person gets addicted to internet and misuses it, then they are bound to suffer
in long run of life .
Name : Amena Akhter Akhi
ID : 24101358
Section : 27
Course : ENG101



Comments
Post a Comment