Academic Depression & Anxiety
For me these are the things that should be talked about more as most of the students suffer from depression & anxiety due to their academic life. I do suffer from these a lot.
From childhood,I was a good student also studied from one of the reputed Institution of our city,my parents always had high hope from me.I tired my best to meet up their expectations but I failed at the crucial point of my life.I always wanted to be an engineer,after passing Hsc I started taking preparation for that.I had a dream Institution in my mind,I wanted to take enroll in that Institution. But unfortunately just for few
marks difference I lost the opportunity to sit for the exam.I still remember the date and how I spent the night and the follwing days. When I got to know that I cannot even sit for the exam,my life became worthless for one moment.After that I went to mental breakdown so much that I lost the determination from inside and lost confidence in me.I spent so many sleepless nights thinking about my future.
I am an introvert since childhood and also not even that close to my parents.Though they tried their best to help me coping up with the all over situation by moral support but I could see the pain in their eyes too.After that incident,suddenly I became so silent about everything.,lost all excitements for anything..but in this phase my school FRIENDS were so helpful and caring towards me though they were also dealing with same kind of situation but they never left me alone,tried their best to cheer me up.
Some people take depression as fun or joke but if actually a serious matter..in depends on the sensitivity of that person.Not everyone is strong to handle everything of Their own without any support. There are some people like me who can't express their emotions ot pain publicly but suffer a lot while they are alone.I used to smile in front of everyone but deep inside I was lost in my deep thoughts and overthinking.At night when depression hits,only the person who go Through by this can tell how it feels.Sometimes a person goes this much that they take the decision to suicide.When The pressure gets overhead, students take their life which is also caused by depression. For me what helped to get reduce my depression is communication with my close ones and their support. Though it's not fully cureable once a person goes through by this but it can be handled.

Comments
Post a Comment